Sunday, February 13, 2011

Psyching Myself Up

I did a lot of research and finally gathered all the supplies I need to embark on my first sewing project. I even remembered to wash all the fabric ahead of time so that it wouldn't shrink after I sew it.


I printed off a pattern and enlarged it to the size I wanted to make. I've read through the instructions and the sewing machine manual so many times I've practically got them memorized.



I think I'm ready. So why am I feeling intimidated by a sewing machine?


Time for a self-affirmation:
"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it, this sewing machine will not get the best of me."


With a little luck, I'll get my little project done and have something to show you all later this week. Keep your fingers crossed!

I've got to read again how to wind that bobbin...

2 comments:

  1. You (and my birthday present) have got me ready to tackle some mending and my son's toddler bed quilt. I never took a class, glanced at the booklet when I hit trouble, broke a needle, hate winding bobbins, and didn't use a pattern or measure (or prewash) fabric and all my projects turned out fine. Except that purse I made in highschool using a stapler instead of a sewing machine. Anywho. You're as set as you'll ever be- dive in!! Figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! Really!
    This is a great project to begin with ... because really, who is going to see it anyway?!
    (PS - I'm a bit of a sewing maniac, so feel to drop me a note if you have any questions.)

    ReplyDelete