Friday, July 30, 2010

Water, water everywhere


One of the books I have read to my children so many times I have it memorized is "Water, Water Everywhere". Although I have already have two weeks worth of water stored (plus another two weeks if I utilize our water heaters), I can't seem to stop storing water. Soon I'll have water, water everywhere in my house.

I've taken to cleaning out empty apple juice bottles and filling them with water. After labeling the bottle as potable water, I write the date I filled it and store them in the freezer compartment of the refrigerator we have in our garage. We don't have a lot of items in this extra refrigerator and these water bottles will serve dual purpose. Not only are they additional water storage but they also will help our refrigerator maintain its temperature. A full refrigerator requires much less energy to keep cold.

That will save us money in the short term and possibly save our lives in the long term.

No comments:

Post a Comment